Players are expected to have read and understood these rules and agree to abide by them if participating in this squash ladder.
- If you are a ranked player on the ladder, you can challenge any player up to four places above you up to the top 10. If you are in a top 10 place you can only challenge three places above you.
- If you are a non-ranked player and you want to join the ladder you can do so by challenging a ranked player anywhere on the ladder, this is a free challenge which you receive two of. If you win one of these two challenges you take that persons place and they move down one place as does each subsequent player below them. If after two challenges you do not have a win then you are placed at the bottom of the ladder.
- You MUST accept any legitimate challenge within three days of receiving first notice of said challenge. The only exception is if you have already played that challenger within the previous two weeks. The match must be played within seven days of challenge acceptance, at a time that is suitable to both parties.
- If you cannot make a match you must notify your opponent at the first opportunity. Failure to do so will result in you forfeiting the match. Failure to arrive at the court within fifteen minutes of the start time of the match will result in a forfeit of the match. Non acceptance of a challenge will result in a forfeit of the match. Any match cancellation must be rescheduled within seven days of cancellation. Only one cancellation is permitted per challenge, after that a walkover must be awarded.
- You win a match by being the first player to win three games. Before play begins both players must agree on the spot of the ball to be used during the match.
- If possible when the match is organised, register the match on the whiteboard in the viewing gallery and/or on our online club ladder (available shortly). By doing so people can see that you are already under a challenge. The winning player is responsible for reporting the score and updating the rankings on the ladder.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, the match will follow the rules for squash given by the World Squash Federation (a copy of which is available in the document holder on the balcony)
- League competition matches cannot be used as ladder matches.
- Inactivity rule: on the first day of every month the ladder will be checked for inactivity. If you have not played a ladder match in the last two months your rank will be reduced by one place.
- Any queries or grievances to be submitted to a committee member and will be discussed at the next scheduled committee meeting.
Best of luck!